The new acrylic photo frame offers a sophisticated feel. These are trendy while being a little costly. Then why not create a DIY acrylic frame with the guidance from this post? Most DIY acrylic frame guidelines are blurred. In this post, I will teach you the simplest way to build a DIY acrylic frame. Check all the useful tips given below about – ‘how to make your acrylic picture frame.’
Table of Content
How to Make a Plexiglass Frame
Before you begin to learn about how to make a plexiglass frame, you must start to collect the useful things that you need such as:
1. Two acrylic sheet portions with the length of nineteen by twenty-five inches. Its thickness can be 0.094 inches.
2. Four Brass Sign Standoffs. You need them for fixing it on every corner. Then you need screw and anchor sets to fix the signs.
3. Five paintings or photographs or pictures which is four inches long and six inches wide. Or simply use a big seventeen inches by twenty inches painting or print, this bigger work is also equally gorgeous.
4. Sticky dot sets to hold the print over the acrylic portion.
5. Drill-sets alongside the complete pack of drill-bits.
When you build your acrylic frame you get a big benefit. A brand new acrylic frame that is ready-made will cost you 185 USD. But the money needed for a homemade acrylic frame is only 36 USD.
- Prepare the framing of the picture or painting. You can start to cut out the unwanted parts of the painting-print. For instance, removing the names as well as paint-swatch.
- You must create hole sets inside the acrylic
- Use these hole sets to start hanging the frame using those sign standoff tools.
- The best tip here is to keep the protective layer or cover of the acrylic sheet as it is. Do not remove it.
- Next, place another layer of painter’s tapes in the backsides and the front sides in the portions of plexiglasses on the corner. These double layers can prevent any crack from occurring.
- Over the taped layer draw the points where you want to place the hole sets. It can be one and a quarter inches long from the side.
- Place a piece of wood under the acrylic to protect the table that you use.
- When you utilize a thick portion of acrylic it may not crack. But if not then be careful while drilling the holes. Gradually increase the hole’s diameter as you drill.
- Don’t create a huge hole right at the start. Start with a small hole and then drill a bigger hole as you get the hang of the work.
- In the second sheet, place the finished part on the unfinished sheet. Mark the holes using any pen. Now, you will get even looking hole positions on both the acrylic frames.
- Add the brass corners using glue. Position them tightly. The corners will look great now.
- Stick the picture on the frame using the dots and you have a frame now.
- Hang the frame in the right place on any wall.
Acrylic for Picture Frames
We have written above the procedure to use acrylic for picture frames or photographic prints. The plexiglass is being widely utilized to frame pictures. The old wooden and cardboard frames don’t provide a good life. They also get eaten by insects or get damaged by posture. Most frames today use plexiglass to cover the prints. You can either use thick or less thick acrylic frames to use on the picture. You can buy these frames from home depot or any hardware or framing shops. The floating acrylic frame looks stunning in the sitting room. Also read the advantages of acrylic plastic.
Acrylic Frame vs Glass Frame
The acrylic for framing pictures is very light and transparent. It can be used instead of glass frames. These frames can be easily moved from one place to another. Sometimes you don’t need any extra support or help from others to move them. Apart from that if the acrylic frame falls it will not break.
The glass frame will break if you place it on the wrong wall or when the nail rusts. Moreover, the glass frame is heavier than the acrylic frame. You need people to help you move the glass frame from one place to another. Now you know about the most useful information in the acrylic vs glass frame argument.
Acrylic Sheets for Picture Frames
You may get acrylic sheets that are exclusively used for picture framing. Simply ask the shopkeeper or manufacturer if they supply acrylic sheets that are used for framing pictures. By using exclusive sheets you protect the pictures and save a lot of time. The exclusive acrylic sheets may not get damaged or crack when you use them for framing. As written above the framing process involves a lot of drilling works. Hence use special or the right acrylic sheets for picture frames. Checkout the tips to bend acrylic sheets.
Benefits of Acrylic for Picture Framing
Hence you now know how to create a plexiglass frame. Let us check the top benefits of using acrylic to frame a picture. These are:
1. You don’t have to worry about any breaks when it falls.
2. You do not have to worry about insects eating it.
3. One does not have to use a lot of physical strength to move it.
4. You can easily cut the frame in the desired shapes and sizes.
5. You can easily drill holes into the acrylic frame.
6. Acrylic uses non-toxic chemicals.
7. You can recycle plexiglass photo frames.
Now you learned how easy it is to create a DIY acrylic frame for any picture. These frames bring everlasting happiness to any room. The advantages of a DIY acrylic frame are also great. You can now relax and enjoy memorable pictures alongside your friends and family. Do go through the useful tips that we have mentioned above. Acrylic sheets are also using to build many other products like: acrylic furniture, acrylic table, acrylic ornaments many more.
Pleasant Acrylic is an acrylic manufacturing company that provides acrylic service and fabrication in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, specializing in POP exhibits. The group is run by a leadership team with the aim of capturing the large acrylic market in the UAE through service excellence, service, good Acrylic Design UAE, and excellent satisfaction. For more details contact us today.
also read our blog post: 7 Tips for Working With Acrylic, Acrylic Cutting & Engraving with a Laser Machine
Leave a Reply